I came home from my 3 month check up with my doctor today and was feeling good, so I wanted a healthy lunch. I looked for what I had on hand and decided to make chicken salad. Over the years I have had some with fruit, some with nuts, so I added them together and it turned out pretty good. Little sweet grape tomatoes were a perfect compliment and I had it on a bed of lettuce with crackers. I think this one would be great inside a stuffed tomato! This only makes 2 servings. The nutrition value is 140 calories/ 7 grams fat.
- 1 Boneless, skinless chicken breast (cooked and cubed)
- 2 TBSP light mayonaisse
- 3 TBSP raw celery, chopped
- 2 TBSP raw onion, chopped
- 10 seedless grapes, sliced in half
- 10 almonds, chopped
- Mix together and keep in the refrigerator. ENJOY!!
Other ideas I have had this evening that could be added in nicely: dried cranberries, sunflower seeds, chopped apples. Please add any other ideas you may have!